Living in the Rocky Mountains

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Catching up...

So here we are in November and it has been three months since my post. I figure I better get one more in before the end of the year. Summer and now Fall has flown by so quickly. Especially now that Gavin is in Kindergarten and Xander in preschool, I feel like I live in my car with the pick-ups, drop-offs, volunteering, errands, sports, etc. It is so very fun and busy. Lets see...
Over the summer Jason and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. Wow, has that much time really gone by? It was the perfect day. I decided last year we would take turns planning our anniversary, so this was Jason's year. It couldn't have been more perfect. It was a day of "all the things we have said we will do and haven't since having kids". He planned kyaking in the mountaions, horse back riding, the adult denver art museum, dinner downtown, and a movie at a VIP theater. Again it was the perfect day! And I am so glad to say after so many years, I am still head over heels for him .

I just ran my first half marathon in Moab, Utah. It was amazing. I hadn't ever run further than 8 miles (in my training), and ended up running the whole thing and shaved 30 minutes off my predicted time. I think I will stick to 5K and 10Ks for a while, the training is way too time consuming with little one's still home. To all you that run full marathons, your my hero, I could never do that! Jason, thanks for all your support and such a fun little trip:)

After lots of persuading, I finally flew, by myself, with our kids to visit my family in Vegas. The kids had a blast and it was fun to spend Halloween with their grandparents. Piper only threw up once on the plane, but besides that the kids did great. We might just have to make this a yearly tradition during the 2 week fall break:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah! It was like Christmas to see that you posted! Your family is so cute. Congrats on your run, isn't it the most addicting thing? I miss you, wish we could go to lunch...someday we will get together and catch up on raising all these people! Hugs from afar. heather

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

Great job on the 1/2 marathon Jaimee. :) I definitley agree with you on how much time it takes to train. It is quite the commitment. I'll have to do another one in the fall so I can get in shape after having this baby.